1 John 5:3-5, “3 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, 4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 5 Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.”
- Born of God: To be born again in your soul and spirit (John 3:3), to have inner transformation and cleansing (1 Peter 1:22-23), and to be made a new creation, (2 Corinthians 5:17).
- Overcome The World: John described the world in 1 John 2:16-17 as, (a) The Lust of the Flesh: Evil desires that are against God’s commands that bring temporary pleasure, (b) The Lust of The Eyes: Evil desires to always want more- never satisfied, and lastly, (c) The Pride of Life: Man centered boasting of what one has and does. Therefore, to overcome the world is to gain victory over its sinful pattern of life and all that comes against you spiritually, Romans 8:37-39.
- Faith in Jesus as the Son of God: To have full trust and assurance in the full person of Jesus, John 1:1-18 & 3:16.
- Overcomer: Someone, by faith in Jesus, who overcomes sin and lives a victorious life, 1 John 5:3-5.
Heart Revealing Questions
- Do you believe in God?
- Do you believe the Bible is the accurate Word of God?
- Do you believe Jesus (God in the flesh), who died for man’s sin, raised on the third day, and ascended into heaven- is the only all-powerful and perfectly saving Savior?
- Do you believe, “You are who God said you are and that you can do what God said you can do?”
30 Things Christ Has Given You Victory Over
- Pride, “I Don’t Need Discipleship,” Proverbs 16:18
- Fear of Man, “I’m Afraid of What Others Will Say,” Proverbs 29:25
- Fear of Failure, “I’m Afraid I Can’t Live For God,” 2 Timothy 1:7
- Fear of Persecution, “I’m Afraid of Being a Public Witness,” Luke 12:4-5
- Self-Centered, “Life is All About Me,” Psalm 119:36
- Offense Towards God, “God Offended Me,” Job 10:1
- Bad Theology, “I Don’t Believe The Bible Teaches That,” Galatians 1:8
- Unteachable, “I Don’t Need Anyone to Teach Me the Bible,” Proverbs 15:31
- Greed, “It’s My Money and I Can Spend it However I Like,” Matthew 6:24
- Worries of Life, “I’m Consumed With Worry,” Luke 12:22-23
- Lack of Faith, “I Doubt God’s Word,” Mark 9:19
- Laziness, “I’m Too Tired,” Proverbs 18:9
- Sexual Sin, “I Struggle With Lust,” Matthew 5:28
- Family Rejection, “My Family Doesn’t Support Me,” Matthew 10:21-22
- Shame, “I Don’t Know How To Love and Forgive Myself,” Psalm 34:4-5
- Unforgiveness, “I Can’t Forgive Those Who Have Hurt Me,” Matthew 6:12
- Failed Leadership, “The Church Let Me Down,” Ezekiel 34:2
- Gossip, “I Don’t Know How To Keep My Mouth Shut,” Proverbs 16:28
- Troubles of Life, “I Have Too Many Problems,” John 16:33
- Deceived, “I Believe Something Else Now,” 2 Corinthians 11:3
- Easily Offended, “I’m Always Getting Offended,” Proverbs 19:11
- Hypocrisy, “I’m Not Really Who You Think I Am,” Matthew 23:28
- Lack of Trust, “I Don’t Trust You,” 1 Corinthians 13:6-7
- Dishonesty, “I Struggle With Being Honest,” Colossians 3:9
- Lukewarm, “I’m Fine Just the Way I Am,” Revelation 3:16
- Rebellious, “Don’t Tell Me I’m Wrong,” Proverbs 12:1
- Discouragement, “I Feel Like Giving Up,” Exodus 6:9
- Lack of Time Management, “I’m Just Too Busy,” Ephesians 5:16
- Loveless, “I Don’t Love God and People Like I Should,” Revelation 2:4
- Ageism, “I’m Too Young/Old,” Joshua 14:10-12
Do the daily devotions at www.lifechangingdevotions.com!
Romans 10:17 (KJV), “So then faith come[s] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God!” Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. If your not hearing the Word of God, faith is not coming. So start speaking the Word of God over your life!