Stewardship is the wise management of everything God has entrusted us with.
Luke 16:8, “The master commended the dishonest manager because he had acted shrewdly. For the people of this world are more shrewd in dealing with their own kind than are the people of the light.”
- HE ACTED SHREWDLY: The definition of “shrewd” means to be, “practically wise and prudent.” Jesus used parables to teach His disciples lessons on being shrewd because He expected us to be the best at all we do in both ministry and business.
- PEOPLE OF THIS WORLD ARE MORE SHREWD: Jesus rightly pointed out that often times we see people in the business world with more savvy and a better work ethic than people in the Kingdom. However, Jesus didn’t say, “Don’t strive to be wise and successful but rather just pray and have faith.” No, Jesus used the example of the world’s shrewdness and basically said, “Be wiser and more successful than non-Christians!”
- PEOPLE OF THE LIGHT: Jesus taught that people of the light (His disciples) should be the best at what they do. Why? Because they have the power of the Holy Spirit to receive wisdom and work hard. Therefore, who should be the wisest doctors? Christian doctors. Who should be the shrewdest business leaders? Christians leaders. Who should be the best employees? Christian employees. Light is always greater than darkness!
Be shrewd in all that you do- especially in the workplace!
- Be faithful in giving your tithes (10% of your total income) and offerings (anything you give after your tithes).
- Ask God to give you wisdom to be shrewd in your career.
- Don’t make excuses for failure, make plans to succeed!