A hindrance is something that prevents us from being obedient to God’s commands.
Malachi 3:10, “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.”
- DO YOU BELIEVE GOD COMMANDED THE TITHE?: If we don’t believe God actually wants us to tithe, then we wont do it consistently because we will look at it more as, “paying a bill” (and no one likes to pay bills!) However, if we really believe God commanded us to give 10% we will joyfully do it.
- DO YOU BELIEVE GOD WILL BLESS YOUR GIVING?: Sometimes we think God is just wanting to play “make believe” with us. Thus, we don’t pray with faith to earnestly receive His best in our lives. However, if you truly believe your seed will meet your need then you will give expecting a bountiful harvest from God!
- DO YOU BELIEVE IN HEAVEN?: Many people, even Christians, forget that there is an actual place called heaven where God can “open the floodgates” and pour out blessings. Therefore, if more people believed in heaven they would store more treasures there than just here on earth.
Overcome unbelief in giving by putting your faith in who God is and what He promised to do.
- Be faithful in giving your tithes (10% of your total income) and offerings (anything you give after your tithes).
- Repent if you have not trusted and believed in God’s Word concerning giving.
- Ask God to increase your faith for both giving and receiving in His Kingdom!