A hindrance is something that prevents us from being obedient to God’s commands.
Proverbs 3:5-10, “5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. 7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. 8 This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones. 9 Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops; 10 then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.”
- TRUST IN THE LORD: You cannot lean in two directions at the same time, therefore, lean fully on God’s commands and not on your ways. Trust Him by being obedient to all He commanded, especially in tithes and offerings.
- DON’T BE WISE IN YOUR OWN EYES: The Bible teaches that there is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Don’t allow greed and selfish ambition to have you neglect the wisdom of God’s teachings about giving and receiving.
- HONOR THE LORD WITH YOUR WEALTH: When you use your finances to support God’s Kingdom business, He will honor your earthly business.
Humbly honor God with your wealth in giving.
- Be faithful in giving your tithes (10% of your total income) and offerings (anything you give after your tithes).
- Repent if you have allowed pride to make you disobedient in giving.
- Ask God to teach you how to live a humble generous life.