Jesus promised in Mark 10:29-31, “29 Truly I tell you,” Jesus replied, “no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel 30 will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age: homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields—along with persecutions—and in the age to come eternal life. 31 But many who are first will be last, and the last first.”
Therefore, we need to seek first God’s Kingdom and pray for our God-given inheritance to be manifested in this life. And whatever we fail to see to come to pass in this age, we should believe it will come to pass in the age to come.
One of the most important inheritances we need to bring forth in this age; is the discipleship of the nations for glory of the Father in Jesus’ name!
Ephesians 1:15-23, “15 For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people, 16 I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. 17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.
18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, 19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength 20 he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, 21 far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.
22 And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.”
- Faith & Love (v. 15)
- Giving Thanks in Prayer (v. 16)
- Praying for the Spirit of Wisdom & Revelation to Know God Better (v. 17)
- Praying to be Enlightened to Know God’s Hope (v. 18)
- Praying to be Enlightened to Know God’s Glorious Inheritance (v. 18)
- Praying to be Enlightened to Know God’s Power (vs. 19-20)
- Jesus, the Name Above Every Name (vs. 21)
- Jesus, the Head of the Church (v. 22)
- Jesus, the One Who Fills Everything in Every Way (v. 23)
- EYES OF YOUR HEART: One’s imagination and internal thought life.
- ENLIGHTENED: To cause something to come to light and become clear.
- INHERITANCE: Things given to another by way of their death according to a “will” (Hebrews 9:15-18).
Message on, Guaranteed Inheritance
REVIEW OF ENLIGHTENMENT
We are enlightened by the Holy Spirit when we pray and meditate on God’s Word and His love.
Things to Remember:
- The Holy Spirit is the source of your enlightenment through the gospel in Jesus’ name (Genesis 2:7).
- You are not your brain (five senses, stimuli or instincts), you are a spiritual soul (with a mind, will and emotions) that can observe and change your brain (Romans 12:1-2).
- Not all bodies are the same (though they’re made of the same material substance); they have different reactions to stimuli and sickness- not all spiritual souls are the same (though they’re made of the same non-material substance). Therefore, you must be born again and set free from all spiritual oppression (John 8:31-36).
- When you use your words, thoughts and imaginations to pray God’s will over your life with the faith in His love- you literally change your brain and set yourself free from any spiritual oppression (1 Thessalonians 5:23).
YOUR INHERITANCE; NOW & LATER
Now in Christ We Have Been:
- Blessed in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing (v. 3).
- Made holy and blameless in God’s sight (v. 4).
- Lovingly adopted and brought into sonship (v. 5).
- Freely given God’s glorious grace (v. 6).
- Redeemed by Jesus’ blood (v. 7a).
- Forgiven of all sin (v. 7b).
- Lavished with God’s wisdom and understanding (v. 8).
- Made to know the mystery of God’s will (v. 9).
- Chosen and predestined for God’s plan (v. 11).
- Marked and sealed with the promised Holy Spirit (v. 13).
Later in Christ We Will Be:
- Bodily redeemed at the resurrection, “Day of Redemption” (v. 14 & Eph. 4:30).
- Rule and reign with Christ upon the earth in the Kingdom of God as kings and priests (Daniel 12:2-3, Matthew 19:28-30 & Revelation 20:1-6).
YOUR INHERITANCE- THE NATIONS
Psalms 2:8, “Ask me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession.”
Matthew 6:21, “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”