God didn’t call you because you were powerful, He called you to make you powerful. Miraculous power and spiritual energy doesn’t come with self-effort and human achievement, it only comes by the Holy Spirit.
If you are born again and baptized in the Holy Spirit, you already have all the power you will ever need. It’s time for you to believe it and start living like it!
Ephesians 1:15-23, “15 For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people, 16 I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. 17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.
18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, 19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength 20 he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, 21 far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.
22 And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.”
- Faith & Love (v. 15)
- Giving Thanks in Prayer (v. 16)
- Praying for the Spirit of Wisdom & Revelation to Know God Better (v. 17)
- Praying to be Enlightened to Know God’s Hope (v. 18)
- Praying to be Enlightened to Know God’s Glorious Inheritance (v. 18)
- Praying to be Enlightened to Know God’s Power (vs. 19-20)
- Jesus, the Name Above Every Name (vs. 21)
- Jesus, the Head of the Church (v. 22)
- Jesus, the One Who Fills Everything in Every Way (v. 23)
- EYES OF YOUR HEART: One’s imagination and internal thought life.
- ENLIGHTENED: To cause something to come to light and become clear.
- POWER: Miraculous ability and energy.
Ephesians 1:19-20, “19 and his incomparably great miraculous power (dynamis) for us who believe. That powerful energy (energeia) is the same as the mighty strength 20 he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms.”
God’s miraculous power gives us His powerful energy to do all that He called us to do.
Ephesians 3:16-21, “16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with miraculous power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his miraculous power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.”
VERSES ON GOD’S MIRACULOUS POWER (DYNAMIS) INSIDE US
- Acts 1:8, “But you will receive (miraculous) power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
- Acts 4:33, “With great (miraculous) power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all.”
- Romans 15:13, “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the (miraculous) power of the Holy Spirit.”
- 1 Corinthians 4:20, “For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of (miraculous) power.”
- 2 Corinthians 4:7-10, “7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing (miraculous) power is from God and not from us. 8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.”
- 2 Corinthians 12:9, “But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my (miraculous) power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s (miraculous) power may rest on me.”
- 2 Thessalonians 1:11, “With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his (miraculous) power he may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed prompted by faith.”
- 2 Timothy 1:7, “For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us (miraculous) power, love and self-discipline.”
- 2 Peter 1:3-4, “3 His divine (miraculous) power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.”
VERSES ON GOD’S POWERFUL ENERGY (ENERGEIA) INSIDE US
- Ephesians 3:7, “I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace given me through the working of his power(ful energy).”
- Philippians 3:20-21, “20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power(ful energy) that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.”
- Colossians 1:29, “To this end I strenuously contend (work) with all the (powerful) energy Christ so (miraculously and) powerfully works in me.”
- 1 Corinthians 15:10, “But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.”
THE PROBLEM WITH MOST CHRISTIANS
2 Timothy 3:5, “having a form of godliness but denying its (miraculous) power. Have nothing to do with such people.”
Most Christians have a form of godliness but not an active experience with the power of God. How do you see yourself- powerless or powerful?
2 Thessalonians 1:11, “With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his (miraculous) power he may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed prompted by faith.”
Decide today to believe you are all who God said you are and that you can do all that He said you can do!
God’s miraculous power gives us His powerful energy to do all that He called us to do!