We believe God has spoken to us to have family integrated services now on Sundays and we hope you will embrace this new season expecting God to do amazing things in your life!
IMAGINE IF JESUS CAME TO YOUR CHURCH THIS SUNDAY… as He comes to the pulpit in the sanctuary He says, “Where are all your children?” A helpful leader says, “They’re in the back Jesus so they can be given lessons for their own age.”
Jesus responds- “Bring the children here- they are just as much apart of my church as you are.” Now imagine a concerned parent or leader saying, “But Jesus, they’ll be loud, fidgety and distracting.” What do you think Jesus would say back?
I believe He’d say, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
Matthew 19:13-14, “13 Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them. 14 Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
EPHESIANS 4:11-16 (NKJV)
11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.
MATTHEW 19:13-15 (NIV)
13 Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them. 14 Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” 15 When he had placed his hands on them, he went on from there.
TITUS 2:1-8 (NKJV)
1 But as for you, speak the things which are proper for sound doctrine: 2 that the older men be sober, reverent, temperate, sound in faith, in love, in patience; 3 the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things— 4 that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.
6 Likewise, exhort the young men to be sober-minded, 7 in all things showing yourself to be a pattern of good works; in doctrine showing integrity, reverence, incorruptibility, 8 sound speech that cannot be condemned, that one who is an opponent may be ashamed, having nothing evil to say of you.
SEVEN THINGS TO CONSIDER:
- SHARING GOD MOMENTS: Sunday church is a great time for you and your children to worship together in a large group setting, hear the same teaching of Scripture, pray together, fellowship and take communion (just like the disciples and their families did with Jesus).
- ORDER IN THE FAMILY: You and your family can learn how to sit together and appreciate what God is doing in each other’s lives without any distractions (Learning to do this make take practice but it will benefit everyone in many powerful ways- expanded vocabulary, elevation of mind, etc.).
- DEEP TALKS: You can have a launching point for many important conversions (If they can ask the questions, we should give them the answers!).
- COMMUNITY: Those not in families can enjoy the presence of children and be inspired to serve the spiritual growth of children with the parents (Even a cup of water given to a child in the name of Jesus comes with great rewards- Matthew 10:42).
- EXAMPLES: Your children can see the examples of other children and parents loving God and people (You’re not alone- the church is here to help you and support your journey- we’d rather you be with us and grow with your family than you go somewhere else).
- FEARLESS: We all can learn to be fearless and unafraid to be lights in this dark world (We truly can show the world that we’re not afraid to tackle their greatest sins and issues with the power of God- even our children are filled with the Holy Spirit- there is no jr. Holy Spirit!).
- THE FUTURE: Your children can grow into young adults and then adults knowing how to experience God in church (Your children will never feel like they don’t belong or have value in our meetings- in the Kingdom of God- children are always important and welcomed!).
Children are not the church of tomorrow but of today!