Since the Garden of Eden mankind has been attacked by Satan and his lies (Genesis 3:1-7). However, Jesus showed us how to combat the devil with the Word of God and win every time (Luke 4:1-13). GENESIS 3:1-7, “1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?” 2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’” 4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” 6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.” LUKE 4:1-13, “1 Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, left the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, 2 where for forty days he was tempted by the devil. He ate nothing during those days, and at the end of them he was hungry. 3 The devil said to him, “If you are the Son of God, tell this stone to become bread.” 4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone.’” 5 The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. 6 And he said to him, “I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. 7 If you worship me, it will all be yours.” 8 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.’” 9 The devil led him to Jerusalem and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down from here. 10 For it is written: “‘He will command his angels concerning you to guard you carefully; 11 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’” 12 Jesus answered, “It is said: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’” 13 When the devil had finished all this tempting, he left him until an opportune time.” 1 JOHN 2:15-17, “15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. 16 For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. 17 The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.”
SERIES TEXTS2 Corinthians 10:3-5, “3 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” Romans 12:1-2, “1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”
- WORLDVIEW: How you see the world.
- LEVELS OF KNOWLEDGE: Your axiom (bottom level), presuppositions (based on your axiom), and propositions (derived from your axiom and presuppositions).
- A BIBLICAL WORLDVIEW: Seeing the world through the lens of God’s Word (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
- Axiom: The Protestant Bible (sixty-six books) is the Word of God and is the foundation for all truth and knowledge.
- Presuppositions: The Word of God gives the following six categories of knowledge; “God, creation, humanity, Jesus, salvation, and judgment.”
- Propositions: All implications derived from good biblical exegesis and deductive logic.
- Opinions: All ideas based in deductive logic (the scientific method).
- EXAMPLE OF USING YOUR BIBLICAL WORLDVIEW IN REGARDS TO HOMOSEXUALITY: Because my axiom is, “The Protestant Bible (sixty-six books) is the Word of God and is the foundation for all truth and knowledge” I presuppose that homosexuality is against God’s created order for humanity and propose that you don’t act in such a way lest you perish based on 1 Timothy 1:8-11.
- LAW OF NON-CONTRADICTION: Nothing can be and not be. “A” cannot be different from “B” and be the same as “B” at the same time. (Genesis 1:4, God distinguishes and separates between what is and what is not, like He did with light and darkness, “God separated the light from the darkness…”). Therefore, any worldview that contradicts itself is self-refuting and thus false.
- ALL WORLDVIEWS BESIDE A BIBLICAL WORLDVIEW ARE SELF-CONTRADICTING: Give enough time to examine every worldview aside from the biblical worldview and it will be found self-refuting in regards to its axiom, presuppositions, and propositions. Example: It’s impossible for Islam, Hinduism, and atheism to have a consistent worldview within their own beliefs.
- IMPOSSIBILITY OF THE CONTRARY: To show that without affirming a certain fact, all other facts would be impossible to know. Example 1: It’s impossible to know what a foot is without knowing what an inch is. Example 2: It’s impossible to explain anything without the existence God.
- TRANSCENDENTAL ARGUMENT FOR GOD (TAG): The argument that shows without presupposing God, one cannot know anything. For example:
- Premise 1: If God does not exist, than nothing can exist.
- Premise 2: Something does exist (you, me, the universe, etc.)
- Conclusion: Therefore, God exists.
UNDERSTANDING THE SIX MAIN BIBLICAL PRESUPPOSITIONS
- GOD: God is one all-powerful, all-knowing, ever-present and all-loving being revealed in three divine persons which are separate, but equal- the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit (i.e., “The Trinity”). (Matthew 28:19)
- CREATION: God created the heavens (galaxies and solar systems, etc.), along with earth around 6,000 years ago (Genesis 1).
- HUMANITY: God created humanity, both male and female, in His image to be fruitful and multiply and have dominion over the earth. However, mankind chose sin and thus has suffered the penalty of physical death and evil upon the earth (both natural calamity and moral violations). (Genesis 3 & Roman 3)
- JESUS: God the Son came in the flesh to be the substitutionary sacrifice for humanity’s sins and only by faith in Jesus can someone be born again and saved from eternal damnation. (John 3)
- SALVATION: After Jesus’ death, burial and resurrection He ascended to heaven and sent the Holy Spirit (along with the Father) to regenerate and empower all believers to be disciples that make disciples (Acts 1).
- JUDGMENT: Jesus is coming back to judge the living and the dead; all those who are been saved will receive a resurrected body and forever be with Him upon the earth in the Kingdom of God and those who have not be born again will be sentenced to the lake of fire with the devil and his angels (Revelation 20).
DEFEND & DESTORY
- DEFEND THE GOSPEL: 1 Peter 3:15-16, “15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer (apologia) to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.”
- DEMOLISH STRONGHOLDS: 2 Corinthians 10:3-5, “3 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.”
Know the biblical worldview and defend it, lest someone with ill intentions give you their ungodly worldview like Satan did with Eve in the Garden of Eden!