“The Disciple’s Giving Book” was birthed out of the desire to have a free book that pastors and leaders alike could use to teach and encourage God’s people to give generously. Each lesson has a basic definition of each topic, a Scripture reading, brief teaching with easy to understand points in an outline format, an overall summary of the lesson, practical applications for all to do, and lastly, a doctrinal confessional for repetition.
Below are different formats for the book:
Section ONE | 14 Lessons on Tithing
- IMPLIED: The Tithe was Implied with Cain and Abel, Genesis 4:3-6.
- REVEALED: The Tithe was Revealed before the Law of Moses to Abraham, Genesis 14:18-20.
- ESTABLISHED: The Tithe was Established in the Law of Moses, Leviticus 27:30.
- RELEVANT: The Tithe is Relevant for Today, Matthew 23:23.
- BLESSING: God Blesses Those Who Tithe, Malachi 3:10.
- CURSE: God Curses Those Who Don’t Tithe, Malachi 3:8-9.
- QUALITATIVE: The Tithe Must Represent Our Best, Malachi 2:8.
- PRIORITY: The Tithe Must Be a Priority, Genesis 4:2-5.
- FAITHFUL: We Should be Faithful to Tithe, Malachi 3:6-8.
- ADVANCES: The Tithe Advances God’s Kingdom, Malachi 3:10-12.
- MATURITY: The Tithe Tests Our Maturity, Galatians 6:4-7.
- OBEDIENCE: The Tithe Breaks Greed Through Obedience, Matthew 6:24.
- MANDATED: The Tithe is Mandated for All, 1 Corinthians 16:2.
- PARTNERSHIP: The Tithe is a Partnership with God, Genesis 28:20-22.
Section TWO | 14 Lessons on Giving Offerings
- AFTER: Offerings Come After the Tithe, Malachi 3:8.
- VARIETY: There are a Variety of Ways to Give Offerings, Deuteronomy 12:6.
- GENEROUS: Offerings are Generous Gifts to God, 2 Corinthians 9:6.
- SEED: Offerings are Like Seeds Planted for a Harvest, 2 Corinthians 9:6.
- CHEERFUL: Offerings Should be Given Cheerfully, 2 Corinthians 9:7.
- SACRIFICE: Generous Offerings Take Sacrifice, 2 Corinthians 9:11.
- THANKSGIVING: Offerings Result in Thanksgiving, 2 Corinthians 9:11.
- CHARITY: Offerings Can be Used for Charity, 2 Corinthians 9:9.
- SUPPLY: Offerings Supply the Ministry, 2 Corinthians 9:12.
- OBEDIENCE: Offerings Require Obedience, 2 Corinthians 9:13.
- SHARING: Giving Offerings is Sharing with Others, Ephesians 4:28.
- GRACIOUS: Offerings are Given by the Grace of God, 2 Corinthians 9:14.
- IMITATION: Offerings Imitate God’s Generosity, 2 Corinthians 9:15.
- TREASURE: Offerings Reveal Where Our Treasures Are, Matthew 6:19-21.
Section THREE | 14 Lessons on Stewardship
- MANAGER: God is the Owner and We are the Manager, Psalm 24:1.
- COMMITTED: Stewards are Committed to God, Proverbs 16:3.
- WHATEVER: Stewards Work Hard at Whatever They Do, Colossians 3:23.
- GIFTS: Every Person has Been Given Gifts to Steward, 1 Peter 4:10.
- RECEIVE: Stewards Can Receive More From God, 1 John 3:21-22.
- WISE: Stewards are to be Wise, Luke 12:42-44.
- FRUITFUL: Stewards are to be Fruitful, John 15:5.
- FAITHFUL: Stewards are to be Faithful, Matthew 25:23.
- TRUSTWORTHY: Stewards are Trustworthy, Luke 16:11.
- MULTIPLIER: Stewards are Multipliers, Matthew 25:16-17.
- SHREWD: Stewards are Shrewd, Luke 16:8.
- DEBT FREE: Stewards Should be Debt Free, Romans 13:8.
- GENEROUS: Stewards are Generous, Acts 2:44-45.
- INHERITANCE: Stewards Leave an Inheritance, Proverbs 13:22.
Section FOUR | 10 Lessons on Overcoming Hinderances
- OVERCOMING GREED: Matthew 6:24.
- OVERCOMING LAZINESS: Proverbs 18:9.
- OVERCOMING UNBELIEF: Malachi 3:10.
- OVERCOMING DISCOURAGEMENT: Galatians 6:9.
- OVERCOMING FATIGUE: Galatians 6:9.
- OVERCOMING BITTERNESS: James 3:14.
- OVERCOMING IMPATIENCE: James 5:7.
- OVERCOMING PRIDE: Proverbs 3:5-10.
- OVERCOMING FEAR: Matthew 25:25.
- OVERCOMING IDOLATRY: Matthew 6:24.