Have you ever got into an argument with someone and said to yourself, “How can I solve this problem in a godly way?” The book of proverbs gives many practical and powerful verses to help you solve your “people problems.” Whether the solution is “dropping the matter” and “being quiet” or having a “healthy debate” with “humility” the following proverbs will help guide you to resolve all your people problems in a Christ-like way!
Nine Problem Solving Proverbs with Easy To Remember Mottos
- Proverbs 10:12, “Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs.” | Motto, “Come in love, live in love, and leave in love.”
- Proverbs 10:19, “When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise.” | Motto, “Sometimes its better just to be quiet.
- Proverbs 12:16, “A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult.” | Motto, “Just because your mad, doesn’t mean you have to let everyone know.”
- Proverbs 13:10, “Pride only breeds quarrels, but wisdom is found in those who take advice.” | Motto, “Humble yourself, you don’t know everything.”
- Proverbs 15:1, “A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.” | Motto, “Talk to others the way you want to be spoken to.”
- Proverbs 17:14, “Starting a quarrel is like breaching a dam; so drop the matter before a dispute breaks out.” | Motto, “Before you start an argument ask yourself, “Is this worth it?”
- Proverbs 26:4-5, “4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. 5 Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes.” | Motto, “Not all people and arguments are the same.”
- Proverbs 27:17, “As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.” | Motto, “Friends aren’t really close until they disagree, argue, and come away better for it.”
- Proverbs 10:12, “Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs.” | Motto, “FEMO- Forgive Em’ & Move On!”