Discipleship has been a passion in my life from the day I got saved. I have always been interested in learning to live like Jesus and His first disciples. The book of Acts never gets old to me. It seems like every time I read it through I’m seeing so much I can do differently. Plus, I day dream about seeing the same things happen in my generation.
Now after almost 18 years of serving the Lord I am honored to share what I think are the “Top Twelve Duties of Discipleship” that I have learned along the way. I pray you are encouraged by them to be a true “DOC,” Disciple of Christ!
The Twelve Duties of Discipleship
- Come and Follow Jesus, Matthew 4:18-19
- Receive the Call of Discipleship, Matthew 16:24-27
- Have the Heart of a Disciple, Matthew 13:1-23
- Keep All of Jesus’ Teachings, Matthew 28:19-20
- Read & Study the Bible, 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Live a Life of Prayer & Worship to God, 1 Thessalonians 5:17 & John 4:23-24
- Be Committed to the Church, Hebrews 10:25
- Stay Accountable, James 5:16
- Be a Public Witness for Christ, Acts 1:8
- Operate in the Gifts of the Holy Spirit, 1 Corinthians 14:1
- Pursue Leadership, 1 Timothy 3:1 & Ephesians 4:11-13
- Never Give Up, Galatians 6:9