1 John 5:3-5, “3 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, 4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 5 Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.”
[toggle type=”gray” title=”REVIEW” active=”active”]
- Born of God: To be born again in your soul and spirit (John 3:3), to have inner transformation and cleansing (1 Peter 1:22-23), and to be made a new creation, (2 Corinthians 5:17).
- Overcome The World: John described the world in 1 John 2:16-17 as, (a) The Lust of the Flesh: Evil desires that are against God’s commands that bring temporary pleasure, (b) The Lust of The Eyes: Evil desires to always want more- never satisfied, and lastly, (c) The Pride of Life: Man centered boasting of what one has and does. Therefore, to overcome the world is to gain victory over its sinful pattern of life and all that comes against you spiritually, Romans 8:37-39.
- Faith in Jesus as the Son of God: To have full trust and assurance in the full person of Jesus, John 1:1-18 & 3:16.
- Overcomer: Someone, by faith in Jesus, who overcomes sin and lives a victorious life, 1 John 5:3-5.
Heart Revealing Questions
- Do you believe in God?
- Do you believe the Bible is the accurate Word of God?
- Do you believe Jesus (God in the flesh), who died for man’s sin, raised on the third day, and ascended into heaven- is the only all-powerful and perfectly saving Savior?
- Do you believe, “You are who God said you are and that you can do what God said you can do?”
THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING!
Romans 10:17 (KJV), “So then faith come[s] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God!”
The Principle of Faith
- Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.
- If your not hearing the Word of God, faith is not coming.
The Same Way You Are Saved Is the Same Way You Are Sanctified
- Hear the Word: Spend time reading God’s Word, Romans 10:17.
- Believe the Word: Trust and apply understanding to God’s Word, Romans 10:9-10.
- Confess the Word: Submit your thoughts to God’s Word and speak it out, Romans 10:9-10.
- As a Result of 1-3 (Hearing, Believing, & Confessing the Word), You Can Now… Live the Word: Freely choose by faith to obey God’s Word which is, “righteous,” Romans 1:17.
If want to be an overcomer you must HEAR, BELIEVE, CONFESS, and LIVE THE WORD! Start today!