Everybody has a set of “world view glasses” they wear and view the world from. Some view the world from the Bible and what it teaches, others view the world through atheism and only what science can prove, and still many others view the world from different religious and philosophical belief systems. Though there are a vast amount of different world views there are really only two main ones for the Christian. The biblical world view and all the rest. Therefore, not all world views can be right. In today’s sermon we will first prove that only the biblical world view is supported by the internal/external evidence and then how to properly use it in everyday life.
Matthew 6:10, “Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.”
- Spiritual Revival: A Holy Spirit inspired awakening and returning of the church to their first love for God and a self-sacrificing love for people that impacts the community with salvation and community transformation, Psalm 80:16-19, Hosea 6:1-3, & Habakkuk 3:2.
- Cultural Revolution: The inward turning of a society’s value system to the commands of God resulting in forsaking sin for the righteousness of God in the culture as a whole, Jonah 3:7-10, Acts 8:4-8, & Acts 19:19.
- World View: A way in which people see the world based upon their beliefs and values.
- Biblical World View: A world view based upon traditional Christian values.
- Secular World View: A world view based upon humanism (man decides’s what is right) and materialism (there only exist a material world).
Five Reasons for the Biblical World View
- THEISM is greater than atheism (god doesn’t exists), deism (god cannot be personally known), and pantheism (god exists as the material world).
- MONOTHEISM is greater than polytheism (many gods exist).
- THE BIBLE (66 books) is greater than the Quran (Islamic Religion), the Torah alone (Jewish religion), and the Hidden Words (Bahai Religion).
- THE EVANGELICAL FAITH is greater than Roman Catholicism, Mormonism, and the Watchtower (Jehovah Witnesses).
- THE BIBLICAL WORLD VIEW is the world view of the Evangelical faith.
*For more info read “Jesus Among Other Gods,” by Ravi Zacharias
Seven Basic Attrubutes of the Biblical World View
- THE BIBLE | The sixty-six books found in both the Old and New Testament are the only inerrant and inspired Words of God.
- THE TRINITY | There is only one God revealed in three co-equal and co-eternal persons- the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- JESUS’ TWO NATURES | Jesus, the eternal divine Son of God and equal to the Father, took on flesh to be the Savior of the world. Therefore, Jesus is both fully human and divine.
- SALVATION BY FAITH ALONE | Salvation from sins can only be received by having faith in Jesus’ death on the cross, burial, and bodily resurrection.
- TWO HOLY PRACTICES | The two holy practices of the church are baptism in water for the evidence of forgiveness of sin and communion with the fruit of the vine and unleavened bread representing the body and blood sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
- JESUS’ SECOND COMING | Jesus, who is fully God and man, will physically come back to earth to rule and reign forever as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
- ETERNAL JUDGEMENT | After the judgment seat of Christ those who have received salvation and born the fruit of good works will receive eternal rewards in the presence of God upon the new earth and those who have rejected Jesus and practiced sin will be cast into the lake of fire to be tormented for eternity.
The Biblical World View vs. Today’s Current Secular World View
- America’s founding President George Washington in his first Thanksgiving Proclamation in 1789 boldly declared over the newly founded nation, “…that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech him to pardon our national and other transgressions– to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually–to render our national government a blessing to all the people, by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed–to protect and guide all Sovereigns and Nations (especially such as have shewn kindness unto us) and to bless them with good government, peace, and concord–To promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue and the encrease of science among them and us–and generally to grant unto all Mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as he alone knows to be best.”
- Hosea 6:1-3, “1 Come, let us return to the Lord. He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us; he has injured us but he will bind up our wounds. 2 After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence. 3 Let us acknowledge the Lord; let us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth.”
As a nation let us return to a biblical world view and pray for God to bless us once again with His favor, wisdom, and salvation.