During the time of Queen Esther and Mordecai God gave Esther a strategy to rescue the Israelites from the wicked plot of Haman. With prayer and fasting God used the plan to deliver the Jews while Haman was punished. The same is true today in the church age because God is giving His people discipleship strategies through prayer and consecration to defeat the plans of the devil. Prayerfully consider joining with MPI church as we endeavor to fulfill the biblically based discipleship strategy of, “Connect, Mentor, & Send!”
Esther 4:14, “For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?”
Esther’s Plan to Rescue the Jewish People
- Esther asked everyone to pray and fast, Esther 4:16.
- Mordecai followed her instructions and passed them on, Esther 4:17.
- Esther invited King Xerxes and Haman to the first banquet, Esther 5:1-4.
- Then Esther invited Haman and King Xerxes to another banquet the next day, Esther 5:7-8.
- During the night after the first banquet God gave King Xerxes a dream concerning the failed assignation attempt on his life, Esther 6:1-3.
- King Xerxes honored Mordecai because he had saved his life, Esther 6:11-14.
- Then at the second banquet Esther revealed her Jewish identity and asked King Xerxes to spare her people, Esther 7:1-6.
- King Xerxes over turned Haman’s plot and had him impaled, Esther 7:8-10.
What Today’s Church Can Learn from Esther’s Plan
- ACCEPT THE CALLING: Mordecai said to Esther, “For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?”- Esther 4:14.
- PRAY FOR A PLAN: Esther said, “Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my attendants will fast as you do,” Esther 4:16a.
- BE BOLD & SPEAK UP: Esther said, “I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish,” Esther 4:16.
- PASS ON THE GOD ORDAINED PLAN: The Bible records, “So Mordecai went away and carried out all of Esther’s instructions,” Esther 4:17.
- DO THE PLAN: Esther risked her life did her part, “If it pleases the king,” replied Esther, “let the king, together with Haman, come today to a banquet I have prepared for him,” Esther 5:2.
Matthew 28:18-20, “18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
MPI’s Plan of Rescue for Chicago and the Nations
- CONNECT people to the cross through (i) Services, (ii) Life Groups, & (iii) Evangelism.
- MENTOR people through (i) One-On-One Discipleship-101 & (ii) Classroom Training-201.
- SEND ordained (i) Elders & (ii) Deacons to connect and mentor new disciples.
The Biblical Mandate for Connect, Mentor, & Send
- CONNECT: Mark 16:15-20, John 15:1-17, & Acts 2:42-47.
- MENTOR: Matthew 28:18-20, 2 Timothy 2:2, & Hebrews 13:7,17.
- SEND: Acts 6:1-7,14:23 & 1 Timothy 3:1-13.
Are You Going to Join the Plan?