The tithe is 10% of our total income given to God faithfully.
Galatians 6:4-7, “4 Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else, 5 for each one should carry their own load. 6 Nevertheless, the one who receives instruction in the word should share all good things with their instructor. 7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.”
- MATURE CHRISTIANS DON’T COMPARE THEMSELVES WITH OTHERS: The tithe is a good example of how each person is individually tested in obedience, no one has a greater or lesser amount. It is 10% for everyone, v. 4.
- EACH PERSON SHOULD CARRY THEIR OWN LOAD: God gives each church the exact amount of people who can carry the financial load. So when every disciple tithes the God ordained vision for the church can be accomplished, v. 5.
- GIVING TO THE CHURCH SUPPORTS THE TEACHERS: Paul reminded the people that as the disciples are blessed in their lives it is good to share with the church so the instructors could also be blessed, v. 6.
- YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW: God will not be mocked. You cannot rightly ask God to bless you finically while you are stealing His tenth. However, if you are obedient in your tithe you can expect to reap a harvest in your finances, v. 7.
Be a mature disciple by giving your tithe faithfully without complaining so your teachers can be supported and you can reap a harvest!
- Repent to God and change your attitude if you have been complaining about tithing and begin to give with a cheerful heart.
- Gladly receive the honor of sharing in the financial load of the church by tithing and consider yourself a great blessing to your church and its leadership.
- As a faithful tither in covenant with God ask Him in prayer to give you a financial harvest so you can be a blessing to your family and church!