The offering is a gift to God after our tithes.
2 Corinthians 9:9, “As it is written: ‘They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor; their righteousness endures forever.”
- FREELY SCATTERED: When we give our offerings we should do so freely and with a joyous heart because we know we are helping others in need.
- GIFTS TO THE POOR: One of the main purposes for offerings is to help the poor. Chartable groups such as homeless shelters, food pantries, foreign aid, medical clinics, and rehabs are supported by the offerings of Christians.
- RIGHTEOUSNESS ENDURES FOREVER: The temporary gifts we give the needy will be remembered by God forever. However, the things we selfishly spend our on money will be forgotten in eternity. Therefore, be righteous and give offerings to charity that will be remembered forever!
Our generous offerings that we give joyfully and freely to charity are considered righteous and will be remembered by God forever.
- Be a faithful tither.
- Freely and joyfully give your offerings to charity to help the needy.
- As you give, also pray for those suffering in the world.