The offering is a gift to God after our tithes.
2 Corinthians 9:13, “Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else.”
- PROVE YOURSELVES: Just like how faith without action is dead, the same is true with love and generosity if it doesn’t result in giving. We prove our thankfulness to God by giving generous offerings.
- OBEDIENCE TO GOD: When God speaks to your heart concerning giving offerings you are required to be obedient to His will just as you are to obey His other commands.
- SHARING WITH OTHERS: Just like we how teach our children that “sharing is caring,” we are reminded by Paul that if we truly confess Jesus as Lord and love the gospel we should share our finances with others in giving offerings. By doing so our gifts will result in much praise to God.
Don’t just be a hearer of God’s Word, be a doer. Be obedient to give what God asks you to give.
- Be a faithful tither.
- Prove your faith by your actions. If you really believe you’re blessed to be a blessing, act like it when it comes to giving offerings.
- Live a life of obedience to all of God’s commands!