The offering is a gift to God after our tithes.
2 Corinthians 9:15, “Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!”
- THANKS BE TO GOD: Everyone in the entire world needs to offer praise to God because He is the source of everything good in our lives. For example: God has given us the ability to live, think, and be productive in business.
- INDESCRIBABLE GIFT: The greatest gift that God the Father has given us is His Son Jesus Christ. As a result, the Father is the greatest gift giver in the universe.
- IMITATE GOD’S GENEROSITY: All Christians should be compelled to live lives of generosity because they understand that the God we serve is a great big generous gift giver. 3 John 1:11a, “Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good. Anyone who does what is good is from God.”
Be an imitator of God by being a generous giver.
- Be a faithful tither.
- Praise God for all that He has given you.
- Imitate God in all you do.
The offering is a gift to God “after” the tithe and is given in a “variety” of ways. God said it should be a “generous” “seed” given with a “cheerful” heart from personal “sacrifice.” Offerings will always bring “thanksgiving” to God because they go towards “charity” and ministry “supplies.” We give offerings in “obedience” to God’s Word, “sharing” with others our blessings with a “gracious” heart by “imitating” Jesus and revealing where our “treasure” really is.