The offering is a gift to God after our tithes.
Matthew 6:19-21, “19 Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
- TREASURES ON EARTH DON’T LAST: Whatever you store up down here will be destroyed. So don’t allow worldly treasure to have your heart.
- STORE UP HEAVENLY TREASURES: Use your earthly wealth to support the work of God so you will be rewarded with eternal treasures in heaven.
- TREASURES DETERMINE YOUR HEART: Wherever you store your treasure is where your heart is. Therefore, what you do now will determine your eternal destiny.
Store up treasures for yourself in heaven by being a giver.
- Be a faithful tither.
- Live a life of generosity.
- Believe one day you be rewarded for all your acts of love and sacrifice.