Stewardship is the wise management of everything God has entrusted us with.
Psalm 24:1, “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it.”
- THE EARTH IS THE LORD’S: All the earth belongs to the Lord because He created it. In the beginning God created the heaven’s (the universe) and the earth (where mankind lives).
- EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD BELONGS TO GOD: Literally, every thing in matter, space, and time is His- all the gold, jewels, animals, humans, resources, etc.- everything. Every invention, business, and creation of mankind has only come from borrowing what God already owns.
- WE LITERALLY OWN NOTHING: Since God owns everything, that means we literally own nothing. Therefore, we are just borrowing what He owns. Since God is the owner we should be good managers of His creation.
Be a responsible and obedient manager of everything God has lent you.
- Be faithful in giving your tithes (10% of your total income) and offerings (anything you give after your tithes).
- Be grateful for all that God has allowed you to have.
- Manage all of God’s gifts in your life for His glory.
God has called us to be “managers” that are “committed” to stewarding “whatever” “gifts” we have “received” from Him. We are to be “wise,” “fruitful,” “faithful,” “trustworthy,” “multiplying,” and “shrewd” stewards. Living “debt free” and “generous” lives providing an “inheritance” for our children and grand children.