Stewardship is the wise management of everything God has entrusted us with.
Romans 13:8, “Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law.”
- NO DEBT REMAIN OUTSTANDING: Though there are times when Christians may get loans for cars, houses, and their businesses (good debt) they should always pay the debt on time and set the goal to pay it off completely.
- NO DEBT: Ideally the Christian should pay off all their credit card debt monthly and live interest free because their income and savings provides for everything they need. Otherwise, they may become a “slave” to the “lender,” which is considered “bad debt,” Proverbs 22:7.
- ALWAYS PAY THE DEBT OF LOVE: Instead of just focusing on paying back debt every month stewards should aim to be debt free and able to focus on paying the debt of love to their fellow man. Imagine how much chartable work God’s people could do just off the “interest” they would save living debt free!
Avoid bad debt and pay off good debt in a responsible way.
- Be faithful in giving your tithes (10% of your total income) and offerings (anything you give after your tithes).
- Be wise in how you acquire debt for things such as your house, car, and business.
- Avoid bad debt in the form of high interest credit cards so you can live a generous life of love!