Stewardship is the wise management of everything God has entrusted us with.
Proverbs 13:22, “A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children, but a sinner’s wealth is stored up for the righteous.”
- A GOOD PERSON: The Bible, especially the book of Proverbs, commands people to do good by forsaking evil. Therefore, it is a good thing for Christians to leave an inheritance for their children and grand children.
- LEAVES AN INHERITANCE: An inheritance is basically the act of passing on material goods, wealth, and property to someone else after you die. The Bible states that our inheritance should primarily be given to our children and grand children.
- SINNER’S WEALTH: Though sinner’s (non-Christians) may give an inheritance to their family now, ultimately, everything they have will remain on the earth after they die. As a result, when Jesus comes back to reign upon the earth for a thousand years all their wealth will belong to the righteous.
Work hard and plan ahead so you can give your family an inheritance.
- Be faithful in giving your tithes (10% of your total income) and offerings (anything you give after your tithes).
- Start planning your inheritance by living below your expenses so you can save and invest the excess.
- The make a will, purchase life insurance, and set goals for your savings.