A hindrance is something that prevents us from being obedient to God’s commands.
Proverbs 18:9, “One who is slack in his work is brother to one who destroys.”
- LAZY IN WORK: The Bible clearly teaches that if a “man doesn’t work, they shouldn’t eat,”(2 Thessalonians 3:10), therefore every able-bodied adult should work (whether inside or outside of the home) to support themselves and their family.
- LAZY IN OBEDIENCE: The Bible is also very clear that God’s commands should be obeyed immediately and not postponed to a more “convenient” time. This includes obeying His commands to give tithes and offerings.
- LAZINESS IS BROTHER TO DESTRUCTION: If we choose to be lazy rather than hard working and obedient to God we will suffer destruction in this life and the one to come.
Overcome laziness with hard work and obedience to God.
- Be faithful in giving your tithes (10% of your total income) and offerings (anything you give after your tithes).
- Repent if you have been lazy in your work or obedience to God.
- Ask God to give you His strength to do all things, including your job, for His glory!
By the power of the Holy Spirit and the guidance of the Word of God I will not be hindered by “greed,” “laziness,” “unbelief,” “discouragement,” or “fatigue” in my giving to God. I will overcome “bitterness,” “impatience,” “pride,” “fear,” “idolatry,” and live a life of obedience in my finances.