Jesus’ claims in the Bible cannot go ignored or be taken lightly. He made the boldest claims known to mankind and placed their validity on His promise to raise from the dead. Today’s message leaves you no middle ground.
You will either decide to abide in Jesus and receive everything your need or watch everything you have go up in smoke and be left with nothing in the end. I pray you choose to abide in Jesus!
John 15:1-10 (NKJV), “1 I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser [gardner]. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.
9 “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.”
(1) WE CAN DO NOTHING WITHOUT ABIDING IN JESUS
- ABIDING IN JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY TO BEAR GOOD FRUIT: When Jesus said in John 15:5, “…He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing,” He was not joking. Truly, the only way to bear good fruit in life is to abide in Jesus.
- LITERALLY YOUR LIFE IS NOTHING WITHOUT JESUS: Jesus clearly said that without Him we could do nothing. This doesn’t mean that the wicked cannot prosper, have a nice family, and even do “good things in life.” However, what it does mean is that in the light of eternity it will amount to nothing (Psalm 73:1-20).
- LIFE WITHOUT JESUS IS A VAPOR: Some may wrongly think that because they can “do things” on this earth that somehow it will matter at the Judgment Seat of Christ. However, the truth is everything they do will disappear like a vapor (James 4:14).
(2) WE CAN DO EVERYTHING IN GOD’S WILL WHEN WE ABIDE IN JESUS
- BEAR MUCH FRUIT: Jesus promised in John 15:5, “…He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit,” therefore, those who would abide in Him will prosperous in the ministry, good works, and holiness.
- ASK WHATEVER YOU DESIRE: Jesus also promised in John 15:7-8, “7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.” As a result, Jesus loves to accomplish His perfect will through the abiding disciple as they pray!
- EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE: Jesus boldly proclaimed in Mark 9:23, “Everything is possible for one who believes,” because those who abide with Jesus and pray according to His will, nothing is impossible (1 John 5:14-15)!
Decide today that nothing is going to hold you back from abiding in Jesus and receiving everything God has for you!