In the Garden of Eden where mankind’s spiritual war began the devil attacked Eve with lies and deception- getting her to question God. However, if Adam and Eve would have been fully satisfied and filled with all the other good fruit from the garden, they would not of had a desire to eat the forbidden fruit.
The Bible states in Genesis 3:6, “When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.” Therefore, this sermon is designed to fill your heart and mind with the truth of God so that you will not be hungry for something else or be easily led astray by the lies of satan in this generation (John 8:44)!
Ephesians 6:10-12, “10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.”
(1) KNOWING JESUS BIBLICALLY
- PRE-INCARNATION: John 1:1-5, “1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.”
- INCARNATION: Philippians 2:5-7, “5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; 7 rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.”
- AT THE CROSS: Philippians 2:8, “And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death — even death on a cross!”
- POST RESURRECTION: Philippians 2:9-11, “9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”
(2) KNOWING YOURSELF TRUTHFULLY
- IN RELATION TO SIN: Ephesians 2:1, “As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins…”
- IN RELATION TO THE DEVIL: Ephesians 2:2, “…in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.”
- IN RELATION TO OTHERS: Ephesians 2:3a, “All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh and following its desires and thoughts…”
- IN RELATION TO GOD: Ephesians 2:3b, “Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath.”
(3) KNOWING CHRIST IN YOU PERSONALLY
- IN LOVE: 2 Corinthians 5:14-15, “14 For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. 15 And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.”
- IN THE NEW CREATION: 2 Corinthians 5:17, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here.”
- IN RIGHTEOUSNESS: 2 Corinthians 5:21, “God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.”
When you believe God is who He says He is, you believe you are who God said you are, and then you will do what God said you can do!