MPI believes God has promised a great harvest both in Chicago and in the nations. Chicagoland has over 9 million residents and needs a strong discipleship church in each of its fifty wards and beyond. Also, today with almost 3 billion unreached people around the globe living mostly in the “10/40? window we sense God calling us to partner with the locals to plant churches that make disciples! Please prayerfully consider joining with us on this exciting mission to fulfill our goal!
1 Timothy 3:14-15, “14 Although I hope to come to you soon, I am writing you these instructions so that, 15 if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God’s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.”
- MPI’S VISION: MPI’s vision is, “Loving God and Loving People,” Mark 12:28-31. We believe we should love God by (1) Worshipping Him in spirit and truth, John 4:23 and (2) By obeying all of His commands, John 14:15. We believe we should love people by, (1) Helping them in their time of need, 1 John 3:17 and (2) By proclaiming the gospel to them, Romans 1:16.
- MPI’S STRATEGY: According to Jesus in Matthew 28:18-20 the disciples’ great commission (duty) is to be, “a disciple that makes disciples.” Specifically, MPI’s discipleship strategy (method) for fulfilling Jesus’ Great Commission is, “Connect, Mentor, & Send.” We connect through services and life groups, mentor through our 101 and 201 discipleship classes and send out trained leaders to evangelize and make new disciples.”
- MPI’S DISTINCTIVES: What makes MPI unique is our passion and love for evangelism and discipleship.
- Psalm 2:8, “Ask me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession.”
- John 4:34-35, “34 “My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. 35 Don’t you have a saying, ‘It’s still four months until harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest.”
- Luke 10:1-3, “1 After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go. 2 He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. 3 Go! I am sending you out like lambs among wolves.”
- GOAL: The object of a person’s ambition or effort; an aim or desired result. MPI’s goal is to, “Make 100,000 disciples in Chicago with 50 churches and plant 500 churches around the world.”
- MEANS: An action or system by which a result is brought about; a method. Our means (method) of accomplishing our goal is discipleship (Connect, Mentor & Send).
THE THREE-FOLD GOAL OF MPI CHURCH
To understand what a 100,000 people look like gathered together in Chicago, consider Billy Graham’s crusade in Soldier Stadium in 1962 that had 116,000 in attendance. This would be like our annual gathering and big city wide event.
50 CHURCHES IN CHICAGO
To achieve 50 churches, we first want to spread out from Diversey, like a bull’s eye and begin to cover the city with mid-size campuses (150-200 people). After achieving the goal of 50 sites, we then will grow each site to collectively reach 100,000. To reach 100,000 the average campus will need to serve around 2,000 people.
We want to include in each campus: social services (food programs, doctors, etc.), a pre-k through 12th grade private school, Bible college and a vibrant community center (indoor/outdoor sports, bowling, food court, etc).
Below is a rendering by Elliot Schwarz of what each of our 50 campuses could look like.
500 NEW CHURCHES AROUND THE WORLD
We desire to use our same name, vision and discipleship strategy around the world to start and oversee 500 churches. Our primary target will be the unreached people groups living in the 10/40 window. Below are the main nations that need discipleship based churches.
Here is what the harvest looks like in certain parts of Africa at a Reinhard Bonke crusade.