- “Nobody’s perfect”
- “I’m beautifully broken”
- “Only God can judge me”
- “God’s still working on me”
- “Everybody sins”
- “Once I’m saved, I will always be saved, no matter what I do”
- “As long as I don’t commit the unpardonable sin- I can’t sin my way out of God’s grace”
- “Romans 7 explains my current battles with the flesh– those things I don’t wanna do, I do because my flesh is too strong”
EXAMPLES IN PENTECOSTAL HISTORY
4. FOUR SQUARE // Sister McPherson, the founder, taught, “Actual transgressions and inbred sin were all taken out at one time, when we entered the fountain of blood… I told them that I believed in the finished work of Calvary [like William Durham]… and as for holiness, why, without holiness no man shall see the Lord. We must be saved, must be sanctified, but ’tis all through the precious atoning blood of Jesus Christ.”McPherson, Aimee Semple. This Is That: The Experiences, Sermons and Writings of Aimee Semple McPherson (p. 152). Happy Joliver Publishing. Kindle Edition.
- When was the last time you heard a message on entire sanctification? Being free from all sin? Knowing your identity in Jesus to live completely holy?
- When was the last time you heard refuted from your pulpit- “once saved always saved doctrine,” fleshly/carnal Christianity,” “continual willful sin,” and “non-judgmental/tolerant/lukewarm Christianity?”
“God is calling His people to true holiness in these days. We thank God for the blessed light that He is giving us. He says in 2 Tim. 2:21, “If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honor, sanctified and meet for the Master’s use.” He means for us to be purged from uncleanness and all kinds of sin. Then we shall be a vessel unto honor, sanctified and meet for the Master’s use, and prepared unto every good work. Sanctification makes us holy and destroys the breed of sin, the love of sin and carnality. It makes us pure and whiter than snow. Bless His holy name!”
John Wesley said, “Give me one hundred preachers who fear nothing but sin and desire nothing but God, and I care not whether they be clergymen or laymen, they alone will shake the gates of Hell and set up the kingdom of Heaven upon Earth.”