Sadly, I was just made aware of the compromise of People Church and their stance on homosexuality.
They wrote a post in their Instagram which I have linked below. Their statement is at best a “Word Salad of Confusion” and at worst, “A Deceitful Attempt to Change God’s Standard.”
In the statement they try to say though they believe it is a sin, they welcome the LGBTQ into their church family while they are still living in their sin without making it an issue, “just agree to disagree— love is all that matters.”
What is disappointing is that with this vague stance they make neither side happy. Even a gay person responded on the post and voiced their disapproval because People’s is not going far enough. However, in an attempt to ease the impression of being “anti-gay”, an openly LGBTQ person makes a post ensuring that all openly LGBTQ people are welcomed in their sin as, “engaged members.” And the pastor affirms him and is happy that he attends his church (without feeling the need to repent). This trend to be “double-minded” is a sin in itself.
Read what James write about not doing the good we know we ought to do- and in this situation it would be loving the LGBTQ community enough to tell them the whole truth. That way the Holy Spirit can convict them of their sin and lead them to genuine repentance and deliverance (as many in MPI church can testy to being set free as we preached the truth of God’s Word to them in love).
James 4:17, “So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.”
As I have pictured below they openly and proudly support homosexuality in their church. They may call it a sin, but in practice they do not discipline it nor correct it.
Please read carefully how Paul taught us to deal with sin in the church— we are not supposed to “just agree to disagree;”
1 Corinthians 5:9-13, “9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people. 12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”
Therefore, I challenge all those who go to this church to do the following:
1. Ask People’s church to correct this stance and stand with the Bible. Take the post down and put up a stance that is clear from the Bible. Enforce church discipline and lovingly let the LGBTQ members know they cannot inherit the kingdom of God with this lifestyle.
1 Corinthians 6:9-10, “9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.”
2. Leave the church and find a good Bible-believing church that does not affirm sin in their members.
1 Corinthians 15:33-34, “33 Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.” 34 Come back to your senses as you ought, and stop sinning; for there are some who are ignorant of God—I say this to your shame.”
Some may think they are just “loving the sinner”- however, that is not what they are doing because loving the sinner is also teaching them to repent of their sins and obey Jesus commands.
Yes, every church has people that sin, but we are commanded by Paul to remove and discipline (for the sake of the person’s soul) those who proudly live in sin (like the proud homosexual in the post). Read what Paul said is the job of every pastor and leader;
2 Timothy 4:1-5, “1 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: 2 Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. 3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5 But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.”
Please spread the word and let the leadership know I will publicly debate them on their unbiblical stance and compromising definition of what a “church” is any time, with hopes they will see the foolishness and sinful nature of what they are doing.
May God have mercy on this church and the people who attend there.
1. People’s Original Weak Post on LGBTQ
2. A True Biblical Stance on the Sin of Homosexuality from Metro Praise International Church: “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate (Matt. 19:4-6).
In light of this passage, MPI has taken the following approach to the LGBT movement:
- We will speak against the LGBT lifestyle from the pulpit, whatever outlet we are provided, or whenever the issue is raised.
- We will teach our members about the biblical view of marriage and sexuality as described above.
- We will not allow those who continue in sexual perversion and do not repent to call themselves brothers or sisters within our fellowship.
- We will gently restore who have come out of the LGBT lifestyle and have repented.
- We will strongly encourage our members to hold the preservation of marriage and family as top priorities in all their political and social engagement, including how they vote.