Every Christian is called to be a watchman like Ezekiel and warn the world about God’s judgment that is coming soon! Jesus said in Revelation 22:12-13, “12 Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.”
16 At the end of seven days the word of the Lord came to me: 17 “Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the people of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me. 18 When I say to a wicked person, ‘You will surely die,’ and you do not warn them or speak out to dissuade them from their evil ways in order to save their life, that wicked person will die for their sin, and I will hold you accountable for their blood. 19 But if you do warn the wicked person and they do not turn from their wickedness or from their evil ways, they will die for their sin; but you will have saved yourself.
20 “Again, when a righteous person turns from their righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before them, they will die. Since you did not warn them, they will die for their sin. The righteous things that person did will not be remembered, and I will hold you accountable for their blood. (Matthew 7:21-23) 21 But if you do warn the righteous person not to sin and they do not sin, they will surely live because they took warning, and you will have saved yourself.”
25 Now I know that none of you among whom I have gone about preaching the kingdom will ever see me again. 26 Therefore, I declare to you today that I am innocent of the blood of any of you. 27 For I have not hesitated to proclaim to you the whole will of God.
EIGHT THINGS TO WARN THIS GENERATION ABOUT
- Facing God’s judgment without being born again (Revelation 20:15).
- Sexuality perversion – any sex outside of marriage with one man and one woman (Hebrews 13:4).
- The love of death and violence- abortion, suicide, gangs, and reckless living (Proverbs 8:36).
- False religions – Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons (John 14:6).
- Pride, selfish ambition, and greed (Philippians 2:3-4).
- Bitterness, ungodly anger, and hatred (Hebrews 12:15).
- Racism, ethnocentrism, and injustice (Acts 17:26-28).
- Drunkenness, drug addiction, and love of pleasure (2 Timothy 3:1-3).
God has made you a watchman for the people in this generation!