Today is the day for the prophecy of Joel to be fulfilled. May we all be filled with the Holy Spirit and power to be witnesses for Jesus!
28 “And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. [Isaiah 44:3] Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions. 29 Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days. 30 I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and billows of smoke. [Luke 21:11] 31 The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord. [Revelation 6:12]
32 And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved; for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be deliverance, as the Lord has said, even among the survivors whom the Lord calls.” [Acts 2:14-41]
QUESTIONS REGARDING BEING BAPTIZED IN THE SPIRIT
- What is it? An endowment of spiritual power (Acts 1:8).
- How does one become baptized in the Holy Spirit? By faith in Jesus (Acts 2:38).
- Why should a person be baptized in the Spirit? Because without it no one can operate in the miraculous power of God (Acts 2:17-18).
WHEN CAN PEOPLE BE BORN AND BAPTIZED IN THE SPIRIT?
- You can be born again and baptized with the Spirit at the same time (Acts 10:44-48 & Acts 19:4).
- Or you can be born again first and then baptized with the Spirit, (Born Again: John 20:22 & Filled: Acts 2:1).
MORE QUESTIONS REGARDING THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT AND SPEAKING IN TONGUES
- Is the baptism of the Holy Spirit still for today? Yes, Acts 2:38-39.
- How do I know I have received the baptism of the Holy Spirit? You will speak in other tongues (unlearned languages), Acts 2:1, Acts 10:44-48, & Acts 19:1-6.
- What if I don’t think speaking in tongues is my gift? Don’t be uninformed (1 Cor. 12:1), gifts are given after the baptism of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:1, Acts 10:44-48, & Acts 19:1-6), all gifts are available to the baptized in the Holy Spirit believer (1 Cor. 12:7), Paul wished all people to speak in tongues (1 Cor. 14:5), and Paul said to never forbid tongues (1 Cor. 14:39).
- What is the purpose of speaking in tongues? To have power to be a witness (Acts 1:8), to glorify God (Acts 2:11), to a be sign to unbelievers (1 Cor. 14:22), to build up-edify yourself (1 Cor. 14:4), to intercede for the lost (Romans 8:26), to pray and sing to God (1 Cor. 14:15), and for spiritual warfare (Eph. 6:18).
- How can I know for sure God that God will baptize me with His Spirit? God is a good Father and will never give you something bad when asking for the Holy Spirit (Luke 11:11-13).
Click here for more study
Numbers 11:29, “I wish that all the Lord’s people were prophets and that the Lord would put his Spirit on them!”