Proverbs 31:10, “A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.”
Proverbs 31 is a famous passage of Scripture that beautifully describes the qualities of a godly woman. The standard is set high, but by God’s grace it can be achieved (Philippians 4:13). The reward for the Proverbs 31 woman is found in Proverbs 31:28, “Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.” Therefore, what she does in verses 10-27 makes her great. D.L. Moody once said, “I wish we had a few more women like the woman of Samaria, willing to confess what the Lord Jesus Christ had done for their souls.”
The gift of being a woman, wife and mother come from God and should be celebrated and taken seriously. God made women in His image to reflect His caring and creative nature.
Listed below are the attributes for the Proverbs 31 woman to study and live by. And for all godly men to encourage the women in their lives to be all God called them to be!
- Trusted (vs. 11-12): She is trusted by her husband and brings him good all the days of her life.
- Hard Working (vs. 13-15): She gets up early and works with her hands to provide food and clothes for everyone in her house.
- Successful (vs.16-19): She works hard and sees profit in all she does.
- Compassionate (v. 20): She loves to help those in need.
- Fearless (v. 21): She takes on the challenges of life with confidence in God.
- Supportive: (vs. 22-23): She stands behind her husband and helps him achieve great things.
- Diligent & Wise (vs. 25-27): She is focused in her work and speaks with wisdom.
- Honored (vs. 28-31) As a result of her faith in God and hard work; she has true beauty and is blessed by her family.
Special Note to Women: All the attributes in Proverbs 31 may seem impossible to achieve, but remember with God’s grace all things are possible. Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 15:10, “By the grace of God I am what I am.” Rely upon the Holy Spirit to strengthen you and if you should stumble, repent, get back up and keep going; God made you to be a testimony of His amazing grace!
- Ask God to make all the women in your life Proverbs 31 women.
- Women, ask God for strength to be all that He called you to be.
- Men, encourage the godly women in your life by telling them how thankful you are for them and all that they do!