The tithe is 10% of our total income given to God faithfully.
Malachi 3:8-9, “8 ‘Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me. “But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’ “In tithes and offerings. 9 You are under a curse—your whole nation—because you are robbing me.”
- NOT TITHING IS CONSIDERED ROBBING GOD: God considers the tithe His, thus when we don’t give it back He considers us robbers, v. 8.
- GOD CURSES THOSE WHO DON’T TITHE: God curses (or punishes) those who break His commands, both in this life and in the judgment to come, v. 9.
Giving God our whole tithe is a very serious command that will result in curses and punishment if we neglect it.
- Don’t rob God by keeping His tithe.
- Repent if you have been robbing God by stealing His tithe.
- Give God your tithe faithfully.