Every generation and people group has unique opportunities to reach out with the gospel of Jesus Christ, COVID-19 is ours. May we seize this moment and see revival come to our nation and spread around the world! Sin is the disease and Jesus is the cure.
2 TIMOTHY 3:16-4:8
3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 4:1 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: 2 Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage —with great patience and careful instruction. 3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.
4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5 But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry. 6 For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time for my departure is near. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day —and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
JESUS, DO IT AGAIN!
- The Salvation Army in the late 1800’s seized the moment of urban plight during the industrial revolution in Europe and the U.S. (ex. charity, out door meetings, street preaching).
- The Pentecostal Movement in the early 1900’s seized the moment of Jim Crow, Spanish Flu, and World Wars I & II; starting from the U.S. and then around the world (ex. integrated services, women’s empowerment, global missions).
- The South Korean Movement in the 50’s seized the moment after the Korean War and started reaching the East for Jesus (ex. cell groups, church planting, mission sending)
- The Chinese Movement in the 50’s seized the moment after the communists closed the independent churches and they went underground (ex. house churches, underground structure, missional church planting).
- The Jesus Movement in the 60’s seized the moment of the counter cultural movement in the U.S. and brought Jesus to people in new ways (ex. on the beach, casual dress in dress, modern worship music).
- The Argentine Movement in the 80’s seized the moment of economic collapse (ex. tent meetings, soccer stadiums, home groups).
- The African Movement in the 80’s seized the moment of poverty and lack of good government to reach the people with the gospel (crusades, charity, church planting).
- And many more, India, Iran, Columbia, and the Philippines.
HOW WILL YOU SEIZE THIS MOMENT?
- Find new ways to reach people with the gospel (online, etc).
- Meet new people and get close to neighbors, family, and coworkers.
- Bring all conversations back to Jesus and the gospel.
- Make disciples with the extra time people have.
- Be ready to serve in new ways when the quarantine is over.
Mark 16:19-20, “19 After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God. 20 Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.”