Today the church must understand that this earth as it is now is not our home, we are just passing through until the Kingdom of God comes in fulness. Let us look to the story of Israel’s journey to the Promised Land as an example of how to trust God in difficult times so that we can see God do what only He can do.
EXAMPLES WHEN THE ISRAELITES REBELLED INSTEAD OF TRUSTING GOD
- The Red Sea: Exodus 14:1-4, 14
- The Bitter Waters: Exodus 15:22-26
- The Hardships & Lack of Food: Numbers 11:1-6
- The Betrayal of Friends: Numbers 12
- The Doubt of Leaders: Numbers 14:1-23
EXAMPLES OF WHEN THE CHURCH TRUSTED GOD
- The Boldness After Stephen’s Death: Acts 8:1-4
- The Prayers of Saints for Peter in Prison: Acts 12:1-5
- The Consistency of Disciples After the Apostles Left: Acts 14:1-7
7 Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith. 8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
17 Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority, because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account. Do this so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no benefit to you.
When we trust God and follow the leadership He has placed in our church we will reach the Promised Land together!