Jesus wants all His churches to faithfully hold on to His teachings and be made pillars in His temple!
7 “To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. [Isaiah 22:22, Matthew 16:19, & Matthew 18:18] What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. 8 I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. 9 I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you. [Revelation 2:9] 10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.
11 I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. 12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. [Galatians 2:9] I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name. [Revelation 21:1-4] 13 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
JESUS’ OPENING DECLARATION
- Jesus is the holy and true one
- He holds the key of David
- What Jesus opens no one can shut and what He shuts no one can open
PRAISE FOR THE CHURCH
- They have an open door because they have kept Jesus’ Word and have not denied His name
BLESSINGS FOR THE CHURCH
- Those from the synagogue of Satan will fall down before their feet and acknowledge Jesus loved them
- Jesus will keep them from the hour of trial coming on the whole world
- Hold on to what they have
JESUS’ CLOSING DECLARATION
- Jesus is coming soon
- The one who is victorious will be made a pillar in the temple of God
- He write on them the name of God, the name of the city, and His new name
- Whoever has ears let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches