Mark 16:20, “Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.”
Consider the following evangelism stats in the U.S. from 2012:
- 95% of all Christians have never won someone to the Lord.
- 80% of Christians never even share their faith.
- Only 2% of all Christians are active in evangelism ministries at their church.
- 63% of the leadership, including deacons and elders, have not led one stranger to Jesus in the last two years through the method of “Go Ye” into all the world.
- 49% of church leaders spend zero time on an average week ministering outside of the church.
- 89% of church leaders have zero time reserved on their list of weekly priorities to evangelize.
- 99% of church leaders believe that every Christian, including themselves, have been commanded to preach the gospel to a lost world (notice the hypocrisy, “they know and teach, but they don’t do and obey”).
- 97% of all Christians believe that if church leaders had a greater conviction and involvement in evangelism, that it would be an example for them to follow.
- 96% of church leaders believe their churches would grow faster if every Christian would be more involved in evangelism.
How much more destruction do we as Christ’s disciples need to see before we go into the places of suffering and sin and preach the gospel like Jesus did? Christianity’s media empire, self-centered book sells, celebrity conferences and mega church addiction has done nothing to stop the massive moral decline in the U.S. The only answer is Spirit-filled disciples who are willing to go everywhere, preach the gospel and make disciples!
Charles Spurgeon said, “If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to hell over our dead bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms wrapped about their knees, imploring them to stay. If hell must be filled, let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go unwarned and unprayed for.” I challenge each and every disciple to be faithful to publicly proclaim God’s message everywhere you go and expect miraculous signs to follow!
Are you preaching the gospel everywhere you go?
- List the last three places you shared the gospel.
- Repent for the times God led you to preach to someone but you didn’t obey.
- Pray and ask God to confirm His Word with miraculous signs!
One Year Reading Plan
2 Chronicles 17:1-18:34, Romans 9:25-10:13, Psalm 20:1-9, & Proverbs 20:2-3. Click here to read online.