Metro Praise International has partnered with SUM Bible College & Theological Seminary (located in El Dorado Hills, California) to raise up anointed leaders in Chicago who will have academic excellence and powerful hands-on experience. SUM has placed a live internet cohort site in the building of Metro Praise International Church Chicago. Every Monday from August to May students can earn an accredited Bible college degree in biblical studies. The student can earn their Bachelor’s Degree in just three years and a Master’s Degree in 2yrs.
Plus, SUM Chicago requires all students to do 8 hours of supervised ministry and 2 hours of Christian service every week along with their studies to insure their proper training for ministry. Therefore, SUM Bible College and Theological Seminary in Chicago gives the future minister excellence in academics with a powerful anointing in practical ministry.
BACHELOR OF ARTS DEGREE IN BIBLICAL STUDIES (139 HRS)
SUM credits are transferable to Bible colleges across the nation because we are fully accredited with the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE). SUM B.A. and A.A. degrees focus on academic preparation and real-life applications. The lectures, class interaction, and study times provide the challenges necessary to expand the students’ Bible-based knowledge of God and ministry. The degree program operates on a trimester system (consisting of eleven weeks), while providing semester credit hours. This allows students to participate in a wider range of courses.
- Church Planting
- Global Missions
- Pastoral Ministry
- Youth Ministry
MASTERS OF ARTS DEGREE PROGRAMS
Interested in obtaining your Master’s Degree? SUM’s technology allows live, interactive classroom discussions. No more waiting for a response by email; your questions are answered in class using our bi-directional video and audio. Our initial offering of this degree will include two tracks. Track 1 in Christian Leadership requires 38 credits plus a thesis. Track 2 in Biblical Studies requires 56 credits without a thesis.
- M.A. Degree in Biblical Studies – with Languages (56 hrs)
- M.A. Degree in Biblical Studies – without Languages (56 hrs)
- M.A. Degree in Christian Leadership (38 hrs)
School of Urban Missions offers one of the most affordable tuition packages in the nation. Tuition is approximately $11,000 per year for a full-time student taking a minimum of 10 credit hours per trimester.
We understand that finances can be a barrier and want to provide you with as many tools as possible to get beyond that barrier. We are committed to providing students with information about financial aid resources. As a cohort of SUM, our students are eligible for financial aid. The SUM FAFSA code is 037524, you will need this code when applying for FAFSA. For more information click here to view the financial aid page on SUM’s website or visit www.fafsa.ed.gov to apply for federal aid.
All applications are processed through School of Urban Missions. Applicants must complete the entire application process before a letter of acceptance is sent. SUM is a Christian Bible College and holds to high moral standards for its student body. A high value is placed upon applicants who express a call to ministry. Applicants meeting admission requirements are considered without regard to race, color, creed, sex, or physical limitations.
The application includes:
- Testimony of Christian Faith | Applicants must be born again and give evidence of sound moral character (John 3:3).
- Call to Ministry | Applicants must express, in writing, a call to ministry and possess concern for people of all ethnicity.
- High School Diploma | Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED. In some circumstances, provisional admission is made for applicants who can complete the GED within the first quarter of enrollment.
- American College Testing (ACT) or (SAT) | If available, applicants are to submit ACT or SAT scores. This enables the college to assess a student’s need for completing their degree program. However, this is not a requirement for admission.
- Pastoral and Personal Recommendations | Applicants must have been a Christian for at least one year and have regularly attended a local church for at least one year. Pastoral and personal recommendations are required.
- Medical Information | Applicants must complete a medical form.
SERVANT OF ALL PROGRAM
- Academic Hours (4 courses x 3hrs each) 12hrs
- Practicum Ministry Hours (2 practicums x 4hrs each) 8hrs
- Christian Service Hours 2hrs
- Physical Fitness 1hr
- Chapels (4 chapels x 1hr each) 4hrs
TOTAL HOURS PER WEEK: 27hrs
Note: Three classes are held on Mondays at MPI church with one chapel from 7am-9:30pm and the fourth class is offered on Tuesdays or Thursdays at the student’s home. The two practicums and Christian service are done on days that MPI ministries are held. The three other chapels are listened to online at SUM’s website and physical fitness is done at the student’s convenience.