TODAY’S SERMON TEXT
THREE BIBLICAL REASONS HOMOSEXUALITY IS A SIN
- OLD TESTAMENT: The Old Testament called homosexuality a sin and an abomination for Israel (Leviticus 18:22) and judged Sodom and Gomorrah for doing it (Genesis 19:1-29 & Ezekiel 16:47-50).
- NEW TESTAMENT: The New Testament reaffirms that homosexuality is a sin (Romans 1:25-32) and that Sodom’s judgement serves as an example for those who do it (Jude 1:7).
- JESUS: In Mark 10:6-7 Jesus declared that marriage is deigned by God for only one male and one female. Also, Jesus (along with the entire New Testament) taught that any sexuality outside of biblical marriage was considered “immoral/porneia,” Matthew 15:19-20 & Galatians 5:19-21.
THREE NON-BIBLICAL REASONS TO NOT PRACTICE OR SUPPORT HOMOSEXUALITY
- CANNOT REPRODUCE: All life has a desire and need to reproduce because God has inherently made them to, “be fruitful and multiply.” As a result, it is a simple fact of biology that two people of the same sex cannot reproduce, therefore, the desires that same sex couples have to raise a family should help motivate them to have a natural reproductive relationship with the opposite gender.
- UNHEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS: Gay men have a higher percentage of STD’s, AIDS, sex partners, and abuse than heterosexual men and lesbians have a higher percentage of domestic violence than heterosexual women. [Sources 1, 2, & 3]
- HARMFUL FOR CHILDREN: First the children are guaranteed to grow up without one of their natural birth parents so which parent do you think nature (God) intended the child do without? Their Mother or Father? Second, the children raised by a lesbian mother were 10x more likely to have been “touched sexually by a parent or other adult caregiver” (23% reported this versus only 2% for children of married biological parents), while those raised by a homosexual father were 3x more likely (6% compared to 2%). As to the question of whether you have ever been physically forced to have sex against your will (not necessarily in childhood), affirmative answers came from 8% of children of married biological parents, 31% of children of lesbian mothers (nearly 4x more), and 25% of the children of homosexual fathers (3x more) [Source].
SILLY VIDEO WITH JACK BLACK SHOWING THE CULTURE’S IGNORANCE OF GOD’S WORD
- Click here to watch the video hosted by, “Funny or Die.”
- Notice how Jack Black (fictional “Jesus”) wrongly handles the word of God in making his point. He does not understand, “biblical context” to properly “exegete” the passage found in Leviticus.
- Remember, Jesus fulfilled the Old Testament and brought forth a New Covenant based on the moral laws not the social laws.
- Jesus said in Mark 7:19-23 that in the New Covenant (Testament) all foods, including shrimp, would be clean because they cannot defile the heart. However, He did reiterate that “sexual immorality/porneia,” which is sex outside of heterosexual marriage, would make you unclean.
HELP FOR HOMOSEXUALS
- BE BORN AGAIN: Let the Holy Spirit make you a new creation, John 3:3 & 1 Corinthians 5:17.
- BE A DISCIPLE: Hold to all His teachings, John 8:31-32
- LIVE HOLY: Be who called you to be, John 8:34-36.
- “Can You Be Gay and Christian,” Dr. Michael Brown.
- “The Same Sex Controversy,” Dr. James White.
- “A Queer Thing Happened to America,” Dr. Michael Brown.
- Online ministry for the LGBT community, here and here.
- Informative Youtube debates, here and here.
- NARTH, a Christian ministry that offers professional therapy and clinical studies for same sex attraction.
- Family Research Council’s information on homosexuality.
- Powerful sermon on homosexuality, here and here.
- Short clip on how to respond if your child comes out gay and helpful books here and here.
- “Such Were Some of You,” a documentary about those who left the lifestyle of homosexual.
1 Corinthians 6:9-11, “9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.”