The offering is a gift to God after our tithes.
Malachi 3:8, “Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me. “But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you? “In tithes and offerings.”
- JEWISH OFFERINGS: God gave the Jewish people many different ways to give offerings for various reasons but they never replaced the tithe, Leviticus 1-4. The offerings were always considered something above and extra from the tithe.
- OFFERINGS FOR THE CHRISTIAN: Today’s Christian should be faithful to give their tithe and seek God for wisdom in giving their offerings to advance the Kingdom of God upon the earth.
- NOT GIVING OFFERINGS IS ALSO CONSIDERED ROBBING GOD: Just like how not giving the whole tithe is considered robbing God, the same is true with not giving your offerings. Though the Bible does not give you a set amount to give in offerings, you are to be mature enough in prayer to be led by God to give what He puts on your heart.
Offerings are extra gifts given to God that are to be taken serious and should be given joyfully.
- Be a faithful tither.
- Pray and seek God for what to give in offerings.
- Be faithful in giving your offerings to God!
The offering is a gift to God “after” the tithe and is given in a “variety” of ways. God said it should be a “generous” “seed” given with a “cheerful” heart from personal “sacrifice.” Offerings will always bring “thanksgiving” to God because they go towards “charity” and ministry “supplies.” We give offerings in “obedience” to God’s Word, “sharing” with others our blessings with a “gracious” heart by “imitating” Jesus and revealing where our “treasure” really is.