The tithe is 10% of our total income given to God faithfully.
Malachi 3:10-12, “10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. 11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” says the Lord Almighty. 12 “Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land,” says the Lord Almighty.”
- THE WHOLE TITHE GOES TO THE STOREHOUSE: Just like how the storehouse was the temple in the Old Testament, in the New Testament it is the church. So God wants His church blessed so it can meet the needs of the community, v. 10.
- IF YOU BLESS GOD’S HOUSE, HE WILL BLESS YOUR HOUSE: Though God could give us commands without blessings, He is generous and loves to lavish those who give to Him, v. 11.
- GOD BLESSES A NATION THROUGH HIS PEOPLE: When the people of God are blessed, the land they live in is blessed. Therefore, every citizen should be a tither for the sake of their nation’s prosperity, v. 12.
Giving to God advances His Kingdom in our personal lives, the church, and the nation in which we live.
- Give your whole tithe cheerfully to God’s storehouse (His church), so that you can be a vessel of God’s blessing. Remember, what God gives to you, He wants to go through you!
- Pray for your nation to repent of greed and disobedience and for everyone to become faithful in their tithes. Stats show that if all the Christians would tithe we could end world hungry, give every person clean water, and have a gospel preaching church for all unreached people groups!
[infobox title=’Confession’]The tithe was “implied” with Cain and Abel; “revealed” to Abraham, “established” in the Law of Moses, and is still “relevant” for today. It comes with a “blessing and curse,” it must be “qualitative,” a “priority,” and a “faithful” practice in our lives. The tithe “advances” the Kingdom of God, tests our “maturity,” breaks the attitude of greed through “obedience,” is “mandated” for all, and brings us into “partnership” with God and His Church.[/infobox]