The offering is a gift to God after our tithes.
2 Corinthians 9:9, “As it is written: ‘They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor; their righteousness endures forever.”
- FREELY SCATTERED: When we give our offerings we should do so freely and with a joyous heart because we know we are helping others in need.
- GIFTS TO THE POOR: One of the main purposes for offerings is to help the poor. Charitable groups such as homeless shelters, food pantries, foreign aid, medical clinics, and rehabs are supported by the offerings of Christians.
- RIGHTEOUSNESS ENDURES FOREVER: The temporary gifts we give the needy will be remembered by God forever. However, the things we selfishly spend our own money on will be forgotten in eternity. Therefore, be righteous and give offerings to charity that will be remembered forever!
Our generous offerings that we give joyfully and freely to charity are considered righteous and will be remembered by God forever.
- Be a faithful tither.
- Freely and joyfully give your offerings to charity to help the needy.
- As you give, also pray for those suffering in the world.
The offering is a gift to God “after” the tithe and is given in a “variety” of ways. God said it should be a “generous” “seed” given with a “cheerful” heart from personal “sacrifice.” Offerings will always bring “thanksgiving” to God because they go towards “charity” and ministry “supplies.” We give offerings in “obedience” to God’s Word, “sharing” with others our blessings with a “gracious” heart by “imitating” Jesus and revealing where our “treasure” really is.