The Church: The Pillar and Foundation of the Truth
How you view the church will determine how you view the Kingdom of God. The Kingdom of God is seen in and through the church. The church is what Jesus is building to bring forth the Kingdom of God upon the earth.
When you believe the church is the manifestation of God’s Kingdom upon the earth and seek to build it you will reap the rewards of a blessed life now and in the age to come.
Notice how Paul in Ephesians makes the connection between the Kingdom of God coming upon the earth, with Jesus reigning as King forever, and the visible church upon the earth.
- Ephesians 1:18-23, “18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, 19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength 20 he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, 21 far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. 22 And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.”
- Ephesians 3:10-11, “10 His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, 11 according to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- Ephesians 3:20-21, “20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.”
1 Timothy 3:14-15, “14 Although I hope to come to you soon, I am writing you these instructions so that, 15 if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God’s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.”
- Church: The church is the born again disciples of Christ around the world that love and obey God (Matthew 16:18). The church can be thought of universally and locally. The universal (catholic) church is in every part of the world and the local church is where each individual disciple is connected to godly leadership (Hebrews 13:17). The church is also known as, “God’s household” (1 Timothy 3:15), “Christ’s Bride” (2 Corinthians 11:2) and the “Body of Christ” (Ephesians 5:29-30).
- Pillar of Truth: A pillar is used to bear the load of the upper floors and roof.
- Foundation of Truth: The foundation of a building is what supports the entire structure.
THE PRINCIPLE OF “FOUNDATION”
Whatever you make as the foundation of your life will determine how you build the rest of the things in your life.
Jesus said in Matthew 7:24-27, “24 Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”
- Family Foundation: If you make “family” the foundation of your life you will be misguided by your need to provide, deceived by your value and disappointed in your relationships; and ultimately you and your family will perish in hell because you made your family your foundation instead of God and His Word (Luke 14:26-27).
- Happiness Foundation: If you make “happiness” your foundation you will be frustrated in pain, absorbed in idolatry and kept from true joy; and in the end you will suffer eternal torment (Matthew 5:10-12).
- False Religion Foundation: If you make a “false religion” your foundation you will be separated from the triune God, partnered with the devil and removed from God’s promises; and on Judgement Day you will be cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 21:7-8).
SEEK FIRST GOD’S FOUNDATION
Jesus taught in Matthew 6:33, “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”
- The church is the foundation for truth in the world (1 Timothy 3:15).
- Jesus and His Word are the foundation for the church (Matthew 7:24).
- The Kingdom of God and God’s righteousness encompass Christ our King, the church and His Word (Matthew 6:33).
Click here to learn how this message applies to governments.
THE FOUNDATION OF MPI CHURCH
- Vision: Loving God and Loving People!
- Strategy: Connect through services and life groups, Mentor and make disciples one-on-one and in classes & Send out ordained elders and deacons to connect and mentor through evangelism.
- Goal: 100,000/50/500
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well (Matthew 6:33).